We are committed to the protection of the environment, including pollution prevention, other environmental issues and minimising the environmental impact of its operations through the adoption of sustainable practices and continual improvement in environmental performance. We accept the 'Duty of Care' imposed by legislation as the minimum standard to be set and maintained, and we aim to develop a sustainable business that is financially viable, environmentally sustainable and socially equitable.
In order to achieve this Colin Laver Heating will observe the following practices:
1. be conscious of the environment beyond our immediate operations and to take steps to to protect the environment; prevent pollution and to minimise environmental harm and nuisance
2. monitor and comply with legislation, regulations and codes of practice on environmental matters relevant to the operations of Colin Laver Heating Limited.
3. build an environmentally friendly work culture through training and high quality communication with staff and all stakeholders
4. monitor, review and continually improve our environmental performance
5. be proactive in minimising our production of waste and reusing or recycling materials
6. develop sustainable supply chains by using suppliers wherever appropriate that have environmental standards compatible with our own.
7. work in partnership with external stakeholders to develop our corporate social responsibility
Specific objectives on which Colin Laver Heating Limited will focus include:
1. minimising the environmental impact of business travel
2. reducing the consumption of resources such as paper and plastic
3. minimising the volume of waste generated and maximise reuse, recycling and energy recovery from waste
4. reducing the consumption of fossil fuels and incorporate long-term strategies for energy efficiency into planning and development
5. continually reassessing changing technology, business requirements and best environmental practices